A 50% increase in the price I was willing to pay is pretty significant. I appreciate that it may cost more to ship than you anticipated, but I need to re-evaluate this purchase with the new total.
I have to confess that I'm surprised you are asking it of me. I have been surprised by shipping bills before (as a seller) and it's not pleasant, for sure, but I have always decided that the professional thing to do is eat the loss and immediately change my terms so that I don't get stuck in that place ever again. I've lost as much as $40 mis-charging for shipping on an order, but it's one of those live and learn sorts of things, and I've gotten really good return customers that way, who are willing to further promote me as well as come back many times.
I need to think about this purchase some more - I would very much like this (itemremoved), but $77 was outside what I had budgeted. I do appreciate that shipping to Alaska is not cheap, but I need to check my funds and see if I can still afford this.
My thoughts here are... well, give them a chance to do the right thing. Explain WHY it's the right thing. Explain why I'm dragging my heels. Hopefully not sound too preachy. Meh. Stupidness.
Our driveway has gotten worse. I think Matt is hopelessly stuck in it now...