Ellen Million (ellenmillion) wrote,
Ellen Million

At what point?

At what point do you give up on a very promising company and move on? I waited too long by FAR when I was doing Wish3, confident that Ken 'meant well' and 'really was working on my job.' I don't want to do the same with the anthology. So, is it time now? Do I wait a full month of silence? Do I give it a year? (Ah, no.)

The idea of how much work it's going to be to convert these files to fit some other company's specs makes me weep. Seriously. I designed these pages for full bleed. I am going to sob helplessly if I have to go back to non-full bleed and change all of my margining and drop all of my background images. The idea of how much longer it's going to take if I have to change companies is all that's keeping me with them at all now.

I have two beautiful, promising proofs from Avalon - they even sent them Express mail, and (what I should have realized was the big danger sign) I haven't been invoiced for them at all! They've got investment in my project. Why are they now ignoring me?! What is UP with that? Am I cursed? Or are the people in this market that retarded and confused?

It's very defeating.

(Which is not at all the same as 'I am defeated.' Because I am not.)

[ETA: Dude! They wrote back!! Apologetically! There is light at the end of the tunnel!!]
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded