Work stuff: I've gotten a Great Big project at work done in very little time; 89 drawings that needed lots of little bits of attention. I was given three weeks and the use of the other two drafters to get it completed, and I've basically done in three days just by myself. Big presentation project that is also supposed to be done in three weeks that I'm about 85% done with in less than one week. Some ads that I put together on a whim for the company got some serious uppy-up kudos, and the webpage has gotten some nice words recently. They want me to teach some lunch-time classes for the rest of the staff, too. All this, and I've still fucked off a tremendous amount… lots of time in chatrooms, lots of time writing. I feel pretty productive mixed with guilty, but that's a fairly normal Ellen-mood.
Mugs!! Oh, I got two mugs done, with Northern Lights and Dragonsled, and I just love the way they turned out. Somewhat expensive ($10 my cost), so I don't know that I'll make them a catalog regular, but I will definitely have some at the fair. Mom and Dad already want to order two, and I gave one away as a housewarming gift to Melody. I want one for work here, too. They look *very* nice.
My list of things to do. Because I'm disorganized by nature.
1. One RWH fanfic. Just one. A little one, even. Just *something* to turn in. Maybe this will be a collab… Linda and I are thinking of a father-daughter piece. Update: Linda sent me a wonderful start, and I've got some ideas on how to continue, just need to sit and write. Still want to do a Lionheart/Lovemaker with Beth, too.
2. Finish layout of RWH tarot cards. Just the layout. Printing will be an April goal. I tried to do some layout this weekend and ended up with 'scratch disc full' errors. Spent a few hours deleting files off my hard drive and backing up files instead. Update: no progress
3. Contract updates for all existing artists. Update: not too many left to do here!
4. A total writing wordcount of 20000. 10k of that *should* be during the Grindstone week. Update: ~1800 words so far. Oof. At least I now have a computer at home, so weekend work isn't completely out of the question.
5. Two finished art pieces of a size and complexity equal to the Cat Sorceress picture I posted in my last entry. Color would be great, black and white would be acceptable. Update: I've got that Unicorn Key picture about 30% inked. Several sketches, too.
6. One finished EMG design. This can overlap with the above. Update: Unicorn Key would be a great EMG piece. See above.
7. There are 21 business days in March, with no paid holidays. I'm allowing myself three or four days off from earning wages. And one of those days must NOT be spoiled on business, but will be spent kicking back with my feet up, in front of a chic flick dvd, with popcorn, icecream and my cat. So there. Update: one holiday taken so far, one planned for Monday. No arrangement yet for the icecream and cat time.
8. House: I want the water system planned and purchased. Doesn't need to be installed yet, but at least down on paper and a pile of pipes. Update: some progress here, as we have at least done most of the pipe design and established where cleanouts need to be.
9. Add new artists and new work to EMG. I don't even mind if I don't get any *new* contracts done this whole month. But I should get the ones I have done up onto the web, and do the existing artist follow-up. Update: I've started some of the picture formatting, and have Big Plans to do this on Monday.
10. Backup my files, including the new work. Update: Should be my final task for Monday.
11. Taxes! Just a few minor things to do, most of it has been recorded already.
12. Apply for PFD by end of the month.