I babysat most of the day - Nephew I. was down with some pneumonia-type thing and my sister had used up her sick days. I couldn't do it yesterday (t-shirts, DAMMIT), so I agreed to today. I tried to write some (Brought my laptop), but he's a cute, chatty thing, and it was very difficult to concentrate. I did knock another 3K words out. I'm not sure what my count is now... something around 28k. I may get another 2K tomorrow just to make 30k, because that's a nice round number. I waffle between being pleased because it is a relatively large number and I am, after all, awfully swamped, being disgusted and feeling guilty and worthless because it's not 50K, and viciously hating everyone who did get there.
I did go to Officemax and get some semi-gloss laser paper. The first page of Chance looks AMAZING on it. PCMall still hasn't called me back, I'm skipping them and going straight to Xerox for my replacement, and I'm going to make sure to lodge a distributor complaint with them. I called them TWO WEEKS ago, and they promised to call me back in '15 minutes.' I've left two additional messages and been on hold for customer service 6 times (disconnected, except for the times I left messages). In the meantime, you bet your sweet ass I'm using as much of this toner as I like.
Tomorrow's the last day of the month. *DIES* EMG-Zine submissions are only accepted for January's theme of Dreams until Friday - unless you request an extension!! :)
I have bills, and EMG-Zine stuff, and wordcount and orders and emails and minion pay and I have to order more shirts and other stuff out my EARS to do. I would really, really, really love the Christmas time of year if I weren't so BLOODY busy. I haven't given gifts in years, except truly random here-n-there items, and I haven't sent cards. I'm practically the grinch, and this year will be no better, I promise.
So, in light of that, I'm posting my Christmas list anyway. Ha! Take that!
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
2. Personal icons for LJ! I'd love some funny Futurama icons. Other loves include StarGate, ST:NG, anything geeky (I like engineering humor), and my own art.
3. Submissions for EMG-Zine. :) No, seriously - this qualifies as a gift in my brain. I know you're busy people and I consider it a personal favor whenever you do this for me. (Which is probably why I also take it personally when people don't and I have to come and weep in my journal to feel humiliated over later...)
4. Art, art stuff, art books, anything art. Especially fantasy, but I do also dig landscapes and surreal and stuff. I love cards and hang them up until June or July when my husband mocks me and I finally take them down and store them. See above disclaimer about not sending any out. Maybe in February. I would love ACEOs.
5. An alternator for my car. *le sigh* And some above zero weather to put it in, and some time...
6. A plug, a link, or just a nice word. Honestly, I'm a terrible, terrible sucker for hearing something nice about myself (who isn't?!). Write me in as a throw-away extra in a story... that would totally make my day. (I was in a story once. I got formulas! And a white lab coat! It was thrilling!)
7. Treats for Velcro or Norway.
8. More time.
9. Flavored lip gloss. I like any flavor, but the husband isn't fond of watermelon or strawberry, and I am fond of him kissing me. The 'ew! GROSS!' afterwards IS sort of fun, though...
10. Art supplies. Specifically: lead for an 05 mechanical pencil that isn't this crappy 3H lead I steal from my husband, kneaded erasers (I made out like a bandit with these last year and my very last one is getting nasty and cat-haired), Derwent's HB-4B pencils (I go through these like candy...).
Please, please, point me towards your lists when you post them! I will screen comments here, so please post a link to your list so I can FIND the darn thing when I go looking. :)
PO Box 82851
Fairbanks, Alaska 99708