* Make a post (public, friends-only, filtered to a special list... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from small and digital in nature ("I'd love a custom icon based on _____ artist/film/interest/etc.") to medium ("I wish I had _____ on CD/DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for tangible things (as opposed to icons, graphics, stories, etc. that can be posted to your journal), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your snail-mail address, or just your email address so that potential gift-givers can get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes one person's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want, or a gift certificate you won't use -- or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free -- do it!
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be grant someone else's wishes -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not -- it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special
here's my list...
1. Art. I love art. I love art in just about any form... cards, bookmarks, prints, originals, cool new usericons, pixel art of one of my characters. I just adore art. (Pictures of Resla would be met with squeeing...)
2. Paid LJ account. I lurv my extra user icons. :)
3. DVDs. My collection is slim. I am happy with used. Sci fi is my favorite genre, and fantasy, but I'm really not picky. Chick flicks, Disney stuff, comedies, dramas, TV. Anything. Chances are good I don't have it/haven't seen it.
4. CDs. I'd prefer mixed CDs - rare is the band I like enough to listen to for a full discs worth. MP3s are fine - I like rock and classical and jazz and 80s and anything that isn't rap or easy listening. I'm developing a taste for that heavy not-metal stuff like... um... see, I'm bad with bands... velvet revolver, I think? And green day?
5. Small press. I love short stories, and could spend WAY too much on decent small press collections. Good stuff... I'm a complete sucker for romance and fantasy, but like to read outside of those genres, too.
6. Kids books. Again, I'm peachy with used. Lavish illustrations make me smile.
7. 10 extra minutes every day.
8. Lip gloss. Um, not used, please. Tasty flavors. I have a billion tubes of this and it's never enough.
9. A secretary.
10. Derwent drawing pencils - 2B mostly.
11. A pencil extender-thingy. All my pencils are short and frustrating to hold!
12. Games for two people. I like playing games with Jake, and we have two in particular that we love (Odin's Ravens and Lost Cities), but it would be neat to have more to choose from.
13. Kneaded erasers. I am forever using these things until they are gross and black.
14. Popcorn. I adore popcorn. I could founder on popcorn. Caramel corn is ambrosia!
15. A finished studio.
16. House gnomes to do the dishes.
17. A cool iron fire poker set to replace the very blah one we have now. The stupid pieces keep coming unscrewed while I'm fire-poking.
18. A day off in my fleece suit with the cat, and Christmas carols, and a fire in the woodstove, full of delicious food, my husband, a long walk with Norway in the snow, and a steaming cup of hot cocoa.
PO Box 82851
Fairbanks, AK 99708
Now go do this so I can send you stuff.