First, some brainstorming on the various things I want to finish up.
There are two major art projects I MUST work on: Angles and the Aphrodisia contest, the latter due DELIVERED by the 20th. Eep.
I wasn't going to do the Aphro thingy, but Epilogue sweetened the deal with their contest, and I need to stretch my artistic fingers.
Which sort of goes back to a rather major writing-not-art decision I made early, early last month (or maybe in February)... and am not sure I made correctly. I love writing, and certainly don't intend to back out on it... but I can't not art, so it might be a moot point to try to decide between them. As if I had a choice...
Which brings us to writing goals.
I want to finish the rough draft of Jenny and Bjorn. This involves finishing the last few chapters, and re-writing the first several. (I don't consider that editing, since most of them will be scrapped in entirety and started over.) I'm worried about length - it isn't really long enough for a novel without some serious fleshing out (I think I'm far more suited for short SHORT stories...).
I think I'm going to leave writing goals there.
EMG goals: 50 entries for the month. I have more to put up than that, of course, but OMG, the new EMG site is going to do ALL of my work for me, so I'm not going to break a sweat making myself nail out hundreds of entries in the old format. I will, however, be unflagging grunt support to Jennie while she's doing all this coding stuff, entering all the products and such. I've gone through and recalculated ALL of my pricing, figured new wholesale pricing, re-figured print service fees and analyzed my costs and artist fees from several angles. There are going to be some changes in all of the above, and I'll be able to up artist fees in a couple of categories and maximize profits in a couple of different areas. Small stickers are out, small magnets will NOT be available wholesale or print service, and I may ditch them retail, too... we'll see. The smaller sizes just aren't financially feasible when you consider labor, which I have for once added in qualitatively. A punch die may solve that - I have to look into it.
Also, get orders out, keep updating and such... that sort of goes without saying.
Now this is kind of weirdo goal, and one I haven't brought up yet - I want to make a game. Making these tarot cards for RWH (oh, that's a goal too... forthcoming...) has made me realize I CAN do this, and I've been toying with this game for a while. I'm going to mock myself up a set and playtest it with a couple of friends... maybe even this week. The final cards will require quite a lot of art, so that's not the big goal for the month, just some placeholder cards to see if the game platform will be engaging, nothing more. If it works well, I'll have to decide whether to market it to a publisher or try to produce it through EMG... I'd rather have direct control, of course, but setup costs will be seriously prohibitive. I may test-market a few hand-made LE packs... very up in the air!
And of course, I will finish printing and mailing the RWH tarot. I'm STILL missing those last two designs, and at this point (given the stunning lack of response to my last post), I'm about to make silly/stupid Word Art designs as fillers just to be finished.
Sooo.... goals for April:
Aphrodisia Entry (delivered by 20th) - um....
Angles Commission (final sketch, at LEAST, on final media) - rough sketch on final media finished.
Finish Jenny/Bjorn rough draft
50 EMG entries - 16 up!
Mock up of The Game - finished!
Finish RWH Tarot - about 50 cards left to do!
Somehow, it doesn't feel like *enough*, but I fear it will be. :P